This bamboo pottery rib, or dango in Japanese, is used to change the shape or smooth the inside or outside of a form, usually while it is being thrown (wheel pots) or formed (coiled pots).
Size: 4" x 2" , made of real bamboo.
Why use ribs?
Ribs are versatile and are invaluable tools that perform a wide variety of tasks both on the wheel and off the wheel. Ribs can:
- Aid in forming the basic shape of a pot through pressure on the inner or outer surface - during or after throwing.
- Create lines, grooves, shoulders or ridges using the angles the rib.
- Smooth and bind together the separate coils of a coiled pot, and the thrown coiled sections of a two-stage pot.
- Support sections of a pot that may collapse during throwing, either through shortness of clay, thinness of walls, overworking, or from the extreme sharp of the pot while final manipulations are made.
- Clean the bottom of the pot, using the rib as a substitute for a knife.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.